Firewise is a National program, adopted by Minnesota & Cook County. Firewise encourages local solutions for wildfire safety by involving homeowners, community leaders, planners, developers, firefighters, and others in the effort to protect people and property from wildfire risks.
How can you become FireWise?
1. Become Educated
- Visit the National FireWise website
- Visit the Minnesota FireWise website
- Become a part of the FireWise Communities/USA Recognition Program
- Read the Cook County Firewise Brochure
2. Clean up and dispose of flammable debris around structures and property
What and how much to clean up:
- Make your home Firewise
- Create and maintain a defensible space
- 50 Things you can do to protect your property.