Firewise is a National program, adopted by Minnesota & Cook County. Firewise encourages local solutions and fuels reduction for wildfire safety by involving homeowners, community leaders, planners, developers, firefighters, and others in the effort to protect people and property from wildfire risks.
How can you become Firewise?
1. Become Educated.
- Read the Cook County Firewise Brochure
- Driveway Access for Emergency Vehicles
- Be Ember Aware
- Become a part of the Firewise USA Recognition Program
2. Reduce the risk of ignition to your home and property.
- Watch the Firewise Property Care Video
- Make Your Home Firewise
- 50 Things You Can do to Protect Your Property
- Request a free Firewise assessment of your property contact: email@example.com
- Conduct a home self assessment with the Home Self Assessment App
- Brush Removal Contractors in Our Area
- Creating an Effective Survivable Space
- Grants for Homeowners and Communities
- Protect Your Business
3. Stay informed.
- Download CodeRED: Cook County’s Emergency Notification App.
- Follow @cookcountymnfirewise.org on Facebook.
Brush Disposal and Burn Permits
*Always obtain a burning permit when required before starting planned fires*
- Brush Disposal Sites in Our Area
- Permit Issuing Locations in Cook County
- Burning Restriction Information (MN DNR Website)