Firewise is a National program, adopted by Minnesota & Cook County. Firewise encourages local solutions for wildfire safety by involving homeowners, community leaders, planners, developers, firefighters, and others in the effort to protect people and property from wildfire risks.
Now Hiring – Firewise Coordinator
Cook County seeks applicants to provide professional services to coordinate Firewise activities in the county, in cooperation with the Cook County Firewise Committee, Cook County Community Wildfire Protection Plan coordinating committee, and partners in wildfire hazard mitigation.
How can you become Firewise?
1. Become Educated
- Watch the Firewise Property Care Video
- Read the Cook County Firewise Brochure
- Driveway Access for Emergency Vehicles
- Make your home Firewise
- 50 Things you can do to protect your property.
- Be Ember Aware
- Become a part of the Firewise USA Recognition Program